Friday, May 08, 2009

Gocycle


The Gocycle Electric Bike uses injection molded magnesium to keep its weight to an extremely light (for an electric bike) 16.3 kg including its 250 watt motor and 9Ah MiMH battery which allows you to travel for a claimed 6 to 20 miles 'with pedal input'.

Reviews of the bike so far have been very positive. The GoCycle website is an essay in 'user-unfriendly', but it looks like UK users have to purchase the bike via some kind of government-subsidised scheme for about £600.
------------

4 comments:

Major Look said...

I think the £600 is if you use the CycleScheme, which is a govt incentive. It uses your PAYE and allows you to pay less tax whilst you pay off the full price of the bike. This means that in effect, instead of the bike costing £1100, you get tax benefits of £500.

I have done the same for my new bike, I am not sure if i really am saving the money, as I am paying off the full amount over 12 months via deductions and am gradually getting the money back in tax/N.I. savings. So I guess I am, i'm just not that good at working out the complexities of N.I. reductions etc.

Brett Jordan said...

thanks for that major, i did start to read the documentation on the gocycle website, but the room began spinning and life began to lose meaning after the first few paragraphs...

Brook Jordan said...

Whatever you're talking about, my words on the matter is just as simple...

It's ugly...
I don't want one.

Brett Jordan said...

in its defence, it is a LOT better looking than most electric bikes :-)

 
UA-60915116-2