Thursday, April 20, 2006

Textpander


Textpander is a free (Mac only) utility that makes typing repetitive phrases quick and easy by constantly 'looking' for particular shorthand text phrases, then typing in the relevant 'string'. There are other utilities available that do the same thing, but Textpander is my favourite.

My main uses for Textpander are to insert the current date on folders or documents (ddate), and to insert my blog address on blog comments (blg).

The Textpander web site lists some other uses:

- insert standard greetings, text fragments
- paste signatures - including formatted text and pictures
- type special characters
- correct common typos

I don't implement the last one, as I want to learn to type stuff properly even when I am away from my Textpander-enabled machine!
------------

No comments:

 
UA-60915116-2