Friday, October 18, 2013

iPhone 5s camera, a professional photographer's opinion

Austin Mann is a professional photographer with work published by National Geographic, NY Times and Washington Post. He recently took a tour of Patagonia to assess the quality of the iPhone 5s camera. It's worth reading the (image-packed) article, but here's his conclusion:

"The iPhone 5s beats the 5 in every camera test and in many ways I prefer it to my DSLR. Sure it has its pros & cons... but for the first time ever, I didn't bring my Canon 1DX and I didn't regret it one bit. That's saying a lot.

The quiet beauty behind the iPhone 5S is what I find most powerful. The upgrades they made here aren't ones that sell phones... instead, they focused on making the pictures better, even if it's silent innovations in features no one even knows about... it's not max megapixels or other flashy specs. The results are amazing and at the end of the day, people are going to really like the pictures coming from their iPhone 5S... and that's really all that matters!"
------------

No comments:

 
UA-60915116-2