Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dropbox


Dropbox is is a web-based file hosting service which enables users to store and share files. It works on Windows, OSX, Linux, iPhone, iPad and Android platforms.

There are both free and paid services, with the free option providing 2 GB of online storage.

Once installed on my Mac, a Dropbox icon appears in the menu bar (and in every window's menu bar). Any file dragged onto the icon is uploaded to the Dropbox servers, and then becomes available to any other machine that has permission to access your account.

I've been using it for a couple of weeks, and find it convenient for dropping files that I may or may not need to look at later. And if I do decide I need to look at them, it provides me with access from whichever device I am using at the time, iPhone, iPad, desktop or laptop computer.
------------

2 comments:

Major Look said...

Nice little App - very useful for small files anmixes nicely with the Mac / PC world. Have started to use it quite a bit.

Major Look said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
UA-60915116-2