Monday, March 17, 2008

Being John Malkovich


I am probably the last person on earth to watch this movie. I bought the DVD a few years ago, and since then it has languished on my 'To Watch' shelf. I knew it was a well-reviewed film, but it somehow fell outside most of my 'Yeah, I'll watch that' categories.

However this Sunday I blew the dust off the casing and cued the DVD. Two hours later, I put it back, very grateful that movies like this get made.

In case you haven't seen it, 'Being John Malkovich' is a surreal comedy that examines celebrity, identity, sexuality and neurosis. It ambles along at a medium pace, drawing you in to its confusing but entertaining world.

You don't really need to know any more. None of the characters take themselves too seriously (Malkovich in particular), and everyone acts superbly. You won't learn a lot, but you will be stimulated and amused.
------------

No comments:

 
UA-60915116-2