Wednesday, December 19, 2007
In the middle of November I got an email from Matt at 3mobilebuzz.com offering me a couple of the new 3skypephones to try out. I hardly use my phone for voice calls, so I got them sent to my eldest daughter and her boyfriend.
Here is their feedback:
- Very small and slim.
- 3 provides a lot of useful tariffs on pre-pay.
- Skype chat is fast, history shown, easy to delete.
- Camera is good, with options to optimise images for MMS.
- Attractive, clear layout of phone menus.
- Nice (unusual) keypad tones.
- Allows access to simple text websites.
- Voice calls work well.
- 'Roaming' function is unpredictable, can be in the same place and suddenly be 'roaming' (outside of the 3 network).
- Fiddly keypad buttons.
- Don't like having to press 7 instead of * to unlock.
- Gets VERY hot during voice/skype calls.
- Deleting contacts on Skype is slow and frustrating.
- Irritating dial tone.
- Couldn't find a way to lock the keypad.
- Doesn't seem to like sending '3mails' with images.
- Voice volume is too quiet.
- Scrolling around takes a bit of getting used to.
- Predictive text only works with text messages.
- Interface can be fussy.
- Slow access to text messages.
- "Connecting your call - hold on" message is unnecessary.
- Expensive on contract (£12 for 100 texts or minutes plus Skype).
- Prominent Skype button is annoying. Could be on side instead of the "change apps" button and use middle button as menu key.
- Takes a long time to charge.
- Doesn't support MSN, but still shows the options.